Walk-in appointments are done on a first come/first serve basis. A maximum
of 15 minutes can be allotted to each session. Therefore, walk-in advising appointments cannot replace a full, 30-minute appointment.
Walk-In appointments are scheduled by checking in at our front desk, SCA 203. The Walk-In list will open approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of Walk-Ins; therefore, we recommend you arrive early to minimize your wait time.
The following reasons are appropriate for a Walk-In appointment:
- AP Hold (Academic Probation Hold, Students with a USF GPA below a 2.0)
- Upcoming semester course scheduling
- Graduation Checks for Seniors graduating in the upcoming, registration semester
- Changing your major to one of the 6 Biology Majors
- Registration Emergencies (not permits)
- Financial Aid Forms
The following reasons will not be seen during a Walk-In appointment:
The following will need a full 30 minute appointment:
- AA Hold (Academic Advising Hold, Freshman Students in their first 2 semesters at USF)
- AF Hold (Former Student Returning Hold) and ARC Academic Renewal paperwork
- 4 Year or Graduation plans past the upcoming registration semester(s)
- Career Planning
- Double Major or Dual Degree paperwork
- ROTC Semester Planning paperwork
- Study Abroad forms
The following items can be dropped off at SCA 203 and picked up the next day OR submitted online:
- Permit Requests- submit online through the Biology Permit request page (under quick links on our homepage)
- Undergraduate Research Forms (must have name and U# on it)
- Course Evaluations- submit online (more information can be found on our Course Evaluation website)
The most common reason students wish to see an advisor during the registration
rush is for prerequisite permits. However, permits are not granted during Appointments or Walk-Ins. Please submit
your request using the BioAdvise permits page (link is located on our homepage).
Permits are processed in the order they are received. We highly recommend submitting
permits 1 week PRIOR to registration so that your permits are in the system when you are
able to register for classes.
Upcoming Walk-In Calendars